It's Friday again, and this means it's time for Follow Friday. There has been a slight change to the format, as now there are two Follow Friday hosts blogs and two Follow Friday Features Bloggers each week. To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
- Follow both of the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts (Parajunkee and Alison Can Read) and any one else you want to follow on the list.
- Follow the two Featured Bloggers of the week - A Thousand Words, a Million Books and Nena's Reviews.
- Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing.
- Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments.
- Follow, follow, follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "Hi".
- If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the love . . . and the followers.
- If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
- If you're new to the Follow Friday Hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
I'd pick four books all by Ursula K. le Guin - The Dispossessed, A Wizard of Earthsea, The Left Hand of Darkness, and The Lathe of Heaven. I would recommend these four books first because they are all really good, well-written books. Le Guin is one of the best writers in the science fiction and fantasy genres, and her books are all beautiful. Second, I would recommend them because they are all extremely thoughtful. They deal with issues like inequality, gender, race, and identity while telling great stories at the same time. Finally, I would recommend them because they are all relatively short - a few hundred pages at most - and as a result they are more likely to be read than the door-stopper sized books that many genre fans put at the top of their lists of good books.
Previous Follow Friday: The Destroyer Escort in The Enemy Below Is the U.S.S. Hayes DE-181
Subsequent Follow Friday: 26 U.S.C. § 183 Limits the Amount of Losses That Can Be Deducted from Taxes for Hobby-Related Losses
Follow Friday Home