Sunday, March 8, 1970

Author - Honken, Henry

I think this is Henry Honken,
but I am not entirely sure
Birth: April 6, 1938.

Death: June 25, 2012.

Comments: Henry Honken was an American linguist best known for documenting the similarities between the ǂHoã language and the Ju languages in Botswana, establishing the Kx'a language group in the process. Although his formal training in linguistics was slight, consisting of a minor in linguistics earned from the University of Minnesota, Honken made substantial contributions to the field. His linguistic work focused on the Koisan language group, engaging in extensive study of the !Ui, Taa, Kx'a, and Khoe languages and authoring many scholarly papers about them. Honken also wrote science fiction, using the pseudonym Sam Cash for those efforts.

My reviews of Henry Honken's books:
None

Other books by Henry Honken that I have read but not reviewed:
None

Short fiction by Henry Honken appearing in works that I have reviewed:
None

Essays by Henry Honken appearing in works that I have reviewed:

Authors - H     Authors A-Z     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment