It's Friday again, and this means it's time for Follow Friday. There has been a slight change to the format, as now there are two Follow Friday hosts blogs and two Follow Friday Features Bloggers each week. To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
- Follow both of the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts (Parajunkee and Alison Can Read) and any one else you want to follow on the list.
- Follow the two Featured Bloggers of the week - Confuzzled Books and Life Between Pages.
- Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing.
- Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments.
- Follow, follow, follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "Hi".
- If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the love . . . and the followers.
- If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
- If you're new to the Follow Friday Hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
While one option would be to have the crew of Moya from Farscape meet up with the crew of Gay Deceiver from Heinlein's Number of the Beast, because of, among other things, how well Hilda and Zhaan would get along together, and how John Carter and Deety would react to D'Argo and Aeryn, and the conversations that Zeb and Crichton would have, I can't come up with an epic story line that they would do together. Alternatively, one could have the crew of the Gay Deceiver meet up with the crew of Serenity from Firefly, but I think most of the stories that would flow from that pairing would be somewhat pornographic in nature.
Given that Babylon 5 is my favorite television show of all time, it seems kind of inevitable that my thoughts would turn to Sinclair, Sheridan, Delenn, G'Kar, Marcus, Garibaldi, Lyta, and Ivanova. The only real question is what epic story line one could merge with these characters that would make for a satisfying pairing. Given the clear influence of E.E. "Doc" Smith's Lensman series on Babylon 5, it seems only natural that the epic power struggle between the virtuous Arisians and the evil Eddorians would be run parallel to the galaxy-wide fight between the stern and inflexible Vorlons and the chaos-loving Shadows. Teaming Marcus Cole and the Rangers with Kimball Kinnison and the Lensmen seems just as natural.
So, in the epic story line, the Lensmen show up on Babylon 5 and reveal that the Shadows didn't go away, they just went to a nearby galaxy to regroup and prepare to return to impose their ideology upon the younger races - biding their time by working through intermediaries like the Drakh and the Hand. This would lead to an intergalactic conflict in which the Babylon 5 based Interstellar Alliance works with the Lensman corps to oppose the Shadows, who turn out to be backed by the Eddorians. And the Vorlons turn out to be the Arisians in disguise, which means that the story takes a very difficult turn for the Lensman, since the Vorlons, unlike the Arisians, are not "good". So, humanity and its allies among the younger races against both the Eddorian/Shadows and the Arisian/Vorlons. I don't think a story line could get much more epic than that.
Go to previous Follow Friday: Thirty-Four Is a Heptagonal NumberGo to subsequent Follow Friday: Thirty-Six Is Six Squared
Follow Friday Home