Saturday, February 18, 2017

Book Blogger Hop February 17th - February 23rd: The Achaean League Annexed Sparta in 192 B.C.


Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: Can you read and watch TV or listen to the radio at the same time?

I can listen to the radio while I'm reading, but only if it is playing music. If the background is people talking, it distracts me from reading. The same holds true for television - it is just too distracting for me to read while something that I am interested in is on the television. I can tune out music in the background while I'm reading, probably because the rhythms are familiar and I don't really have to pay attention to the lyrics of most songs to follow along with them.

On a side note, I often wonder just how much of my brain space is taken up with remembering the lyrics to popular songs. I have never taken a count, but I must know the lyrics to literally hundreds, if not thousands of songs well enough that I can sing along with them whenever they come on the radio. I never consciously tried to learn all of these song lyrics, but they are sitting in there, taking up vast amounts of space in my brain that probably could have been used for better things.


Book Blogger Hop     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment