Saturday, July 7, 2018

Book Blogger Hop July 6th - July 12th: The Temple of Artemis in Ephesus Was Destroyed by Invading Goths in 262 A.D.


Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: If you were stranded on a deserted island, which ONE book could you not live without?

The Unreal and the Real by Ursula K. Le Guin

If I can only have one book, I'm going to go with one that is a collection of short works, because that's the only option that is likely to give me the variety of option that will keep me going. What I want to read depends heavily upon how I am feeling at the time, so having the option to pick from a wide array of works is a key element for me. To that end, I'd take The Unreal and the Real: The Selected Short Stories of Ursula K. Le Guin by Ursula K. Le Guin. I have never made a secret of my love for Le Guin's writing, so a giant compilation of her short fiction would be exactly what I would need to sustain me on a deserted island. My only real regret is that I wouldn't be able to also take the companion volume The Found and the Lost: The Collected Novellas of Ursula K. Le Guin with me as well, so I would be missing out on a huge amount of her short fiction. Also, the box set on the shelf is going to look wrong with the one volume missing.

Subsequent Book Blogger Hop: 263 Is a Strictly Non-Palindromic Number

Book Blogger Hop     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment