Saturday, December 31, 1988

1988 Campbell Award Nominees

Location: Campbell Conference Awards Banquet at the University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas.

Comments: The most noteworthy thing I can say about the 1988 Campbell awards is that I have no idea whether any of these books are good or not, because I haven't read any of them. Usually I will have read one or two of the books that appeared on the year's ballot, or I will know the books by reputation, or at least know something about one or more of the authors whose works were nominated. But not only have I not read any of the three books that appeared in this year's slate, I have only read one book by one of the authors - Connie Willis' novel Passage, and that's clearly an insufficient basis to form an opinion about an author's body of work.

Best Novel

Winner:
Lincoln's Dreams by Connie Willis

Second Place:
The Sea and Summer by George Turner

Third Place:
The Unconquered Country by Geoff Ryman

Go to previous year's nominees: 1987
Go to subsequent year's nominees: 1989

Book Award Reviews     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment