Monday, October 18, 2010

Realms of Fantasy Is Dead, Alas


Having been saved from imminent death and resurrected last year, the magazine Realms of Fantasy is dead once again. Despite some fairly desperate measures to prop up circulation, the new ownership simply could not make the zombie version of the magazine profitable.

With Fantasy & Science Fiction having been forced by the increasing cost of delivery to shift to a bimonthly format in 2009, both Asimov's Science Fiction and Analog Science Fiction and Fact suffering decreased readership, and Realms of Fantasy now headed for the graveyard, things look grim in the field of print science fiction and fantasy magazines. I, personally, love getting my issues in the mail every month, and hope this trend reverses, but I fear that I am simply hoping that if I wish hard enough the tide won't come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment