Sunday, January 16, 2011

Challenge - 2011 Non-Fiction Challenge



Well, I figure that as long as I'm piling things onto my reading list, I may as well sign up for the 2011 Non-Fiction Challenge hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. I'm not sure how many non-fiction books I'm going to knock out this year, but last year I had several, including a couple books about science, a couple about economics and a couple about history, so this year will probably see some as well. In fact, I have six unread books by Tyler Cowen that I've been meaning to get to and a biography of Thomas Jefferson I need to read, so I'm pretty sure I'll have plenty of books to choose from.

Here's the challenge:
  • Culture: Non-fiction books about different cultures, religions and foreign lands; memoirs and biographies count.
  • Art: Non-fiction books about anything art related (painters, music, architecture, photography, dance, literature, film, etc.) Memoirs or biographies of any people related to the arts count.
  • Food: Food memoirs, anything related to food industry, or food lifestyles
  • Medical: anything related to the medical field - industry memoirs, memoirs about illnesses (mental included), diseases, etc.
  • Travel: travelogues, industry memoirs, travel guides, etc.
  • Memoir/Biography: Self-explanatory
  • Money: Anything related to finances, economics, history of money, financial improvement, etc.
  • Science/Nature: Anything related to any scientific field, memoirs count.
  • History: Anything history related - events, biographies of historic figures, etc.
I'm not going to pick specific books at this point, and I'm not going to commit to a particular level of participation, but I'm looking forward to knocking some non-fiction books off of my Mount To-Be-Read and hope to get as many as I can read and reviewed before the year is done. Anyone who wants to jump in can just hop on over on this link, and sign up too.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining in with us!! Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading more non-fiction over the last year or so.... I have read some pretty good ones. If you need some suggestions, let me know.

    Kat @ A Journey in Reading

    ReplyDelete