Well, I figure that as long as I'm piling things onto my reading list, I may as well sign up for the 2011 Non-Fiction Challenge hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. I'm not sure how many non-fiction books I'm going to knock out this year, but last year I had several, including a couple books about science, a couple about economics and a couple about history, so this year will probably see some as well. In fact, I have six unread books by Tyler Cowen that I've been meaning to get to and a biography of Thomas Jefferson I need to read, so I'm pretty sure I'll have plenty of books to choose from.
Here's the challenge:
- Culture: Non-fiction books about different cultures, religions and foreign lands; memoirs and biographies count.
- Art: Non-fiction books about anything art related (painters, music, architecture, photography, dance, literature, film, etc.) Memoirs or biographies of any people related to the arts count.
- Food: Food memoirs, anything related to food industry, or food lifestyles
- Medical: anything related to the medical field - industry memoirs, memoirs about illnesses (mental included), diseases, etc.
- Travel: travelogues, industry memoirs, travel guides, etc.
- Memoir/Biography: Self-explanatory
- Money: Anything related to finances, economics, history of money, financial improvement, etc.
- Science/Nature: Anything related to any scientific field, memoirs count.
- History: Anything history related - events, biographies of historic figures, etc.