Friday, December 9, 2011

Follow Friday - Ali Baba Faced Off Against Forty Thieves


It's Friday again, and this means it's time for Follow Friday. There has been a slight change to the format, as now there are two Follow Friday hosts blogs and two Follow Friday Features Bloggers each week. To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  1. Follow both of the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts (Parajunkee and Alison Can Read) and any one else you want to follow on the list.
  2. Follow the two Featured Bloggers of the week - Keeping Up With Roxy's Books and Anonymous Reads.
  3. Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments.
  5. Follow, follow, follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "Hi".
  6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the love . . . and the followers.
  7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
  8. If you're new to the Follow Friday Hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
And now for the Follow Friday Question: Keeping with the Spirit of Giving this season, what book do you think EVERYONE should read and if you could, you would buy it for all of your family and friends?

The real problem with this question is picking just one book. I mean, I think everyone should read The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, but not more than I think everyone should read Please Ignore Vera Dietz (read review). Or Dune. Or I would want everyone to read The Lord of the Rings. Or maybe The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress. There are simply too many good books to only recommend one. Fortunately, most people have about twenty-two thousand days or so available, so we can all probably get more than one book read.


Follow Friday     Home

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Aaron!

    I'm an 'old' follower. I would certainly agree with "Dune", "The Lord of the Rings", and "The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress" as books that EVERYONE should read!! GREAT choices!

    I'm not familiar with the other books you've mentioned, but I will certainly check them out!

    Here's my FF post:

    http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/follow-my-book-blog-friday-hop-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem! Just way, WAY too much books. I'll let you in on a secret: I've never actually read Lord of the Rings! I just caught up in to many books! :)
    - Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read Vera Dietz with some friends and we all loved it! Great choice.

    New follower.
    Here's our #FF

    Maja @ The Nocturnal Library

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Maria Behar: Those are definitely at the top of my list, but I was only able to scratch the surface. There are literally dozens and dozens of books that I'd recommend as "must reads", but then my post would have been nothing but a big list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Roxy: It would be interesting to see someone who has read a lot of other fantasy but not go back and read it. So much of modern fantasy writing is influenced by Tolkien, and I would like to see someone identify those influences retrospectively.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @The Nocturnal Library: Vera Dietz was a great book. I also read King's book Dust of 100 Dogs, which was just as good. I haven't gotten Everybody Sees the Ants yet, but I'll read that one before the end of 2102 I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete