Friday, August 23, 2013

Follow Friday - The Teutonic Tribes That Invaded England After the Romans Left Referred to the Number 120 as the Long Hundred


It's Friday again, and this means it's time for Follow Friday. There has been a slight change to the format, as now there are two Follow Friday hosts blogs and two Follow Friday Features Bloggers each week. To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  1. Follow both of the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts (Parajunkee and Alison Can Read) and any one else you want to follow on the list.
  2. Follow the two Featured Bloggers of the week - Spare Time Book Blog and Read in Paris.
  3. Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments.
  5. Follow, follow, follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "Hi".
  6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the love . . . and the followers.
  7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
  8. If you're new to the Follow Friday Hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
And now for the Follow Friday Question: Book Selfie! Take a pic with your current read.


Because I can't ever read just one book, right now I'm in the middle of three plus a magazine of short fiction. Right now I'm reading Doctor Who in Time and Space, a collection of essays about Doctor Who edited by Gillian Leitch, The Sandman: Brief Lives, the seventh volume in Neil Gaiman's Sandman series, Everygnome's Guide to Paratechnology by Joseph J. Bailey, and an issue of Analog Science Fiction and Fact.

Go to subsequent Follow Friday: A Chinese Checkers Board Has 121 Holes

Follow Friday     Home

15 comments:

  1. I'm new to Science fiction. I haven't read much so I will look forward to reading through your reviews to see if I should give something a try.

    New follower through bloglovin.

    Check out my FF at brunnersbookshelf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Brunners Bookshelf: Glad to meet you! I hope that you find my reviews and other posts interesting and helpful.

      Delete
  2. I really don't know how you all do it. I can never focus on more than one book at a time. Tried it and failed. Hope you enjoy all your books. New bloglovin' follower!

    Check outMY F&F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Jazmen: Sometimes my attention wanders, and so I have to do something else before I go back to a book. If the "something else" is another book, then I read a lot more than otherwise.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE DOCTOR WHO! I haven't read the books, but I've seen the BBC tv show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Dabin Han: Doctor Who in Time and Space isn't really a Doctor Who book itself, but is rather a book about the show and what it has meant to fans and society. It is something of an academic study of the show. There are also a number of Doctor Who novels, of which I have some, and that I will eventually get around to posting reviews of.

      Delete
  4. Wow that is impressive that you are reading all those books! New follower GFC & Bloglovin'.

    Rachel @ http://thebigbookbinge.blogspot.com/2013/08/feature-follow-2.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Rachel Ann: Thank you. I actually left one out. I'm also in the middle of The Order of the Stick: Don't Split the Party. Apparently I read so many books that I forget which ones I am reading at any given time.

      Delete
  5. I love Science Fictions as long as it is explained well and not too technical. I salute you for reading all those at the same time.

    I also have one Gaiman book but it's for MG.

    New follower on bloglovin. :D

    Thoughts and Pens Feature Follow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Charlotte Fiel: I would point you towards the works of Ursula K. Le Guin as science fiction that is explained well and not too technical. I'd also suggest the works of Samuel R. Delany.

      Delete
  6. I'm currently reading three books, I like to switch around, too.
    I found some kick ass 1980s sci-fi paper backs at the comic shop over the week end. It was glorious.
    Analog Science Fiction and Fact, huh? Very interesting!
    & nice shelves!
    http://timewantsaskeleton.wordpress.com/2013/08/24/follow-friday/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Pamela Brittany: Science fiction paperbacks are wonderful things. I subscribe to Analog, Asimov's, and Fantasy & Science Fiction, all of which are excellent sources of contemporary short science fiction.

      Delete