Saturday, February 1, 2014

Book Blogger Hop January 31st - February 6th: Forty Is the Highest Number Ever Counted to on Sesame Street

Book Blogger Hop

Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews asks (via Billy): When you receive new books in the mail, do the older ones get moved to the bottom of your list or do go strictly "by the book" and keep your list with older books first and then the new ones?

Although I am quite picky about a lot of things having to do with the organization of my books, this isn't one of them. My usual apathy in this area is probably substantially exacerbated by the fact that right now my books are horribly disorganized in general, mostly because I am currently living in a space that is simply far too small to reasonably accommodate my book collection. Sadly, right now a large portion of my books are boxed up and stacked against a wall in a huge floor to ceiling pile.

However, when I receive review copies of books in the mail, they get cataloged and then go onto my immediate "to read" shelf, which at this point is actually two shelves. There isn't much rhyme or reason to the arrangement of the books on these two shelves, and when I go to pick one to read, my selection is usually made on the basis of what seems interesting at the time rather than which book has been sitting there the longest. I'll get to all of the books on the shelf eventually, but it is certain that I'll read some books that I received later before some books that I received sooner.

Go to previous Book Blogger Hop: 39 Is the Atomic Number of Yttrium

Book Blogger Hop     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment