Saturday, March 1, 2014

Book Blogger Hop: February 28th - March 6th: Julius Ceasar Was Assassinated in 44 B.C.

Book Blogger Hop

Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews asks (via Billy): Have you stopped accepting books from either authors or publishers to try to catch up? If not, do you think you would ever do that?

I have such a tremendous backlog of review copies that I have put a de facto halt to accepting new books until I catch up, although I haven't explicitly done so. I still read the requests from authors and publishers asking if I will read and review their books, but a pitch has to really impress me to get me to respond positively right now. The only ARC that I have actually requested in the last six months or so is Dearest by Alethea Kontis, and that is because I really love Alethea's work. I guess the best way to describe my process right now is that I have become much more selective than I was a year ago, to the point where a book has to meet an almost impossibly high bar in order for me to consider saying yes to the review copy.

Go to previous Book Blogger Hop: Sheldon Cooper's Hacky Sacking High Score Is 43
Go to subsequent Book Blogger Hop: The 1745 Jacobite Rebellion Is Called "The '45"

Book Blogger Hop     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment