Monday, August 22, 2016

Musical Monday - Bach's Brandenburg Concerto No. 6 by the Freiburg Baroque Orchestra


In last week's Musical Monday post I said I was getting ready to attend MidAmeriCon II, this year's Worldcon, which was located in Kansas City, Missouri. Today, I have returned from the convention, and after four days of convention-going sandwiched in between two long days of driving, I am pretty much exhausted.

That said, Worldcon was an amazing four days that were totally worth my current exhaustion. I attended a lot of panels and readings that showcased amazing authors, editors, game designers, and a wide variety of other people who (at least for the panels I attended) provided commentary that was knowledgeable, interesting, and often quite humorous. I got a huge pile of books signed, came away with an even larger stack of books to add to Mount To-Read, and was able to bring home a smart phone full of pictures. I was also able to attend the Hugo Award ceremony and see, in person, the presentation of the most prestigious honor in genre fiction to a collection of brilliant and well-deserving winners.

But the most important thing I bring home are the interactions with wonderful people, from authors that I knew from previous conventions, to new friends I made while at this event. The unexpected is almost always the best part of a convention, and this Worldcon was no exception. I'll be posting about Worldcon in general, and the Hugo Awards specifically, over the course of this week. Right now, I'm going to listen to some Bach, and get some much-needed sleep.

Subsequent Musical Monday: Pure Imagination by Gene Wilder

Brandenburg Concertos     Musical Monday Playlists

Freiburg Baroque Orchestra     Musical Monday     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment