Monday, June 26, 2017

Musical Monday - The Amazing Spider-Man Theme Song (1977-1979)


The Amazing Spider-Man was one of the super-hero oriented live-action television shows that aired during the 1970s in the wake of the 1960s era Batman television program. The show isn't particularly well-remembered now - as far as I know, it has never been released on DVD, although most of the episodes were released on VHS. The series was not great. Like most of the other 1970s era super-hero television shows, it was a super-hero show made by people who don't seem to have really liked super-hero stories, and who certainly didn't know what appealed to fans of the genre. It was, for the most part, a more or less generic action adventure show, just with a main character who would regularly dress up in red and blue tights and climb walls. There were no super-villains, spider-man's powers were toned down, and several of the plots involved a lot more investigating than heroic rescues or fights.

That said, when I was a kid, I loved this show. My family lived overseas when it aired, so I didn't get to see it on a regular basis, but whenever I had the opportunity, I would watch this show. The odd thing is that I have almost no recollection of any of the plots of the show. I do remember that one story line involved someone making a clone of Peter Parker, but that is the only really concrete impression the stories left on me. I don't remember much about the show other than the fact that spider-man was in it, and that Peter Parker was not a high school student. But it was spider-man, live, and on the screen. To nine-year old me that was all that mattered. I almost don't want this show to be released on DVD, because if it is, I'm sure I will get it, and I'm probably going to be disappointed when I watch them as an adult.

Previous Musical Monday: Wonder Woman Opening Theme (1975-1979)

Game, Movie, and Television Music     Musical Monday     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment