Monday, January 1, 2018

Musical Monday - Talking with My Father by Dougie MacLean


It is a New Year. These sorts of markers serve to remind us that time is passing, and that our time is finite. When people make New Year's resolutions, they are really saying how they would like to spend their time, or how they want other people to think they would like to spend their time.

I think I'd like to spend more time in this next year talking to my son. And, to the extent possible, talking to my father, although he lives a lot farther away. Also the Redhead and the Littlest Starship Captain. Ideally, I'd like to spend more time with the Czarina, but that's dependent upon her behaving a little less like a Czarina before she heads off to college in the autumn.

Previous Musical Monday: Christmas Eve/Sarajevo by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Subsequent Musical Monday: The Lumberjack Song by Monty Python

Dougie MacLean     Musical Monday     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment