Saturday, June 23, 2018

Book Blogger Hop June 22nd - June 28th: There Are 260 Days in the Mayan Tzol'kin Calendar


Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: For all of you worker bees out there! How do you balance having a day job/career and managing your blog at night? Is it hard or easy to do, and what do people in your work life think of your blogs?

It depends on what one means by "managing my blog". I have an idea of what I'd like to produce on a weekly basis - ideally I'd put up five to six posts a week: One Musical Monday post, three or four substantive posts (mostly book review), and a Book Blogger Hop post. I don't think I have ever actually accomplished that in a week, but I keep tilting at that windmill.

What I actually normally produce under normal circumstances is about three to four posts per week. Basically, I am usually able to reliably put out three to four posts a week. If I were a little bit less foolishly optimistic, I would accept that this is the reasonable standard to expect, but I keep hoping that if I just get my life a little more organized, I can hit the hoped for but never achieved mark.

All that said, the last couple of months, this blog has basically been on life support, in large part because, in addition to work, I have had my time consumed by other concerns. I have spent the last four months or so trying to get an house that I haven't lived in in more than five years ready to sell, and cramming five years worth of routine maintenance into four months has meant that I essentially have had almost no free time. That odyssey seems to mostly be behind me now, so one might expect that I would have more time going forward.

Except now I have to get all the stuff I have in the place I am living in packed up so I can move in a couple months. I guess it will be a while before I'm back to even my normal rate of posting.


Book Blogger Hop     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment