Sunday, October 13, 2019

Running - Weekly Log for October 6, 2019 through October 12, 2019

Last Week's Mileage Goal: 7 miles
Actual Miles Last Week: 10.5 miles
Cumulative Mileage: 10.5 miles.
This Week's Mileage Goal: 9⅓ miles

This isn't really "on topic" for this blog, but on the other hand this is my blog, so I pretty much get to decide what is or is not on topic. So this is going to be a regular recurring feature on this blog from this point forward.

I ran more than a mile for the first time in about eight years today. Granted, it was only about one and on-third miles, but that's four times further than I could run a month ago.

Although I have been a runner for most of my life, I haven't really run consistently, or at all, since about 2011. A whole collection of issues and annoyances have nagged at me for the better part of the last decade, and I kind of fell off the running wagon. Over the course of that decade, I declined into probably in the worst physical shape of my life.

I decided to do something about it. Or rather, my circumstances have improved enough that I can take the steps to do something about it. This is the first step. Over the last month I have built up from being able to run about a third of a mile to the one and a third miles I ran today.

I don't really have any real long-term goals (at least not ones I am willing to make public yet) other than to slowly increase my daily - and this weekly, distance. For the next week, I am planning on running one and a third miles each day.

I'll check in in a week to provide an update on how I did.

Subsequent Weekly Running Log: October 13, 2019 through October 19, 2019

Running     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment