It's Friday again, which means it's time for Follow Friday. To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
- Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Host (Parajunkee) and any one else you want to follow on the list.
- Follow the Featured Blogger of the week - Ninja Girl from Ninja Girl Reads.
- Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing.
- Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments.
- Follow, follow, follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "Hi".
- If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the love . . . and the followers.
- If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
- If you're new to the Follow Friday Hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
1. I am ridiculously optimistic about my ability to get things done. As a result I usually take on more projects than I can possibly complete in a reasonable time frame. I know that I am too piled high with commitments already. And yet I continue to take on new ones. This may indicate that I am slightly insane. (By the way, sorry I have been so slow responding to your questions Logan, I will send you my answers soon. I promise).
2. I get so many periodicals (The Economist, National Geographic, Locus, Science News, Poets & Writers Magazine, Asimov's Science Fiction, Analog Science Fiction and Fact, Realms of Fantasy, and The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction) that it is a constant struggle to keep up with reading them quickly enough to leave time to pare down my mammoth mountain of books in my "to-read" stack.
3. This probably comes as no surprise to anyone who has read my blog, but I am ridiculously verbose when I write. This is unintentional. Every time I sit down to write something I fully intend to write something short and quick, but as I work at it I always find I have just one more thing I want to say, and then one more, and then another. And then I find that I have written have six more paragraphs than I thought I was going to write. I know - its a sickness.
4. I don't like pickles. Any time I order food that has pickles on it, I give them to my wife, who loves pickles. But if she's not with me I will eat the pickle myself. At McDonalds, for example, I will take the pickles off of their burgers and eat them separately (so as not to ruin the enjoyment of the burger with pickle flavor). I paid for the pickle. I'm not going to throw it away. I'm going to eat it even though I don't like it. I'm weird like that.
5. Even though I am a huge science fiction and fantasy fan, I don't believe in the supernatural. At all. I know this makes me kind of a downer, but I simply don't believe that there are spirits living in your attic or there are angels guiding your destiny. I don't believe people have telepathic or telekinetic powers. I think con artists who claim to be able to contact the "other side" like John Edwards and Sylvia Brown are vile boils on the ass of humanity. I think the best way to tell of a self-professed psychic is lying is to check to see if their lips are moving. I really don't believe that there are sexy shirtless vampires brooding over their lost humanity and wondering whether to ask you to be their girlfriend. Sorry.
Go to previous Follow Friday: Seventeen Is a Prime Number
Go to subsequent Follow Friday: Does Anyone Else Remember the Song "Nineteen"?
Follow Friday Home