Saturday, June 13, 2015

Book Blogger Hop June 12th - June 18th: In Hindu Myth, 108 Gods and Demons Pull on a Serpent to Create the Elixir of Immortality

Book Blogger Hop

Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: Do you pre-schedule your posts?

Yes and no. By yes, I mean that I usually write my posts ahead of time. I always write a first draft of my reviews - for book and magazine reviews I use LibraryThing as a platform for writing my initial reviews - and I sometimes have the post formatted and ready to go before it goes live, but I don't usually preschedule the posts themselves. This is because I usually do a number of internal links on my blog to various posts - for book reviews I link from the page I have created for the author of the book, from the pages I have created with alphabetical listings of the books I have reviewed, from the pages I have created to track the books I have reviewed that are part of various challenges, and so on. I have not been able to figure out a way to automate creating those links, so I post the new posts manually, and then create the interlocking web of internal links that go with them.


Book Blogger Hop     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment