Saturday, July 18, 2015

Book Blogger Hop July 17th - July 23rd: The Salt Vampire from the "Star Trek" Episode "The Man Trap" Is from the Planet M113

Book Blogger Hop

Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: Do you listen to audio books?

No, I don't. I have no philosophical objection to audio books, and for anyone for whom that format works for them, I am kind of jealous. The sad fact is that I simply cannot pay close enough attention while listening for the duration needed to actually get anything out of an audio book. For me, the only way to really consume and comprehend a book is to sit down and read it on paper (or very occasionally, on a screen).


Book Blogger Hop     Home

2 comments:

  1. It is difficult to pay attention. I totally agree. I have listened while driving to work, and I have listened to a few when I walk.

    I definitely prefer print.

    ENJOY your Sunday.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Elizabeth: I'm a fan of print. I have no trouble paying attention to movies, and even podcasts can hold me, but there is something about the rhythm of a book being narrated that I simply cannot keep my mind focused upon.

      Delete