Monday, September 11, 2017

Musical Monday - Melissa by the Allman Brothers Band


So, after a brief break on these, I'm back to the "name songs" with one that is just a little bit off. The song isn't off - the Allman Brothers produced a classic with this one, but the person who triggers this song to run through my head is not actually named Melissa. Actually, it is two people, who each have different (although very similar) names who make this song run through my head when I run across them when I am going about my day. As usual, the content of the song other than the name is irrelevant to the association. It seems weird to have a song associated with someone's name that isn't actually their name, but there you have it. My brain apparently works in strange ways sometimes.

Previous Musical Monday: Heaven by Warrant
Subsequent Musical Monday: Walk Away Renee by the Left Banke

Allman Brothers Band     Musical Monday     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment