Saturday, December 22, 2018

Book Blogger Hop December 21st - December 27th: Bill Gates Referred to the Intel 286 Chip as a "Brain Dead Chip"


Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: Does your book club have a book exchange for the holidays or any other time during the year? If you don't belong to a book club, do you think that would be something fun to do?

I don't belong to a book club. The closest thing to this kind of exchange that I have participated in is LibraryThing's annual "Santa Thing", which is more or less a randomized secret Santa book exchange that the website hosts. However, I have not participated in Santa Thing in the last several years, because I just haven't had the time or the energy to expend on it. I might participate in it again in some future year, but right now I just don't want to go to the effort of perusing a stranger's library trying to figure out what would make a good book to give them as a gift. I suppose I could have participated and half-assed the job, but that just doesn't strike me as being fair to the other participants. Maybe next year I'll have more time and the mental energy to commit to participating again. On the other hand, I might not. I just don't know one way or the other right now.

Previous Book Blogger Hop: There Are 285 Ferengi Rules of Acquisition
Subsequent Book Blogger Hop: The First Indiction Began in 287 A.D.

Book Blogger Hop     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment