Friday, September 21, 2012

Book Blogger Hop September 21st - September 27th: Alice Cooper's First Top Ten Hit Was "I'm Eighteen"

Book Blogger Hop

Jen at Crazy for Books has restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them. A complete explanation of the history and the rules of the Hop can be found here.

This week Jen asks: What is one thing that your blog readers probably do not know about you?

This is a mildly difficult question to answer, because I have been fairly open about most of the somewhat unusual things about me. Anyone who has read this blog for any amount of time would know that I am a lawyer, I work for the Federal government, I lived in Africa for several years, I went to a boarding school for high school, and I hold a black belt in Tae Kwon Do.

I suppose I will go with the thing that surprises people the most in real life, which is that I was a fairly serious athlete in high school, although I was a fairly monomaniacal one. I earned seven varsity letters in high school, all in cross-country or track, and I was All-State in cross-country my 6th form year.

Go to previous Book Blogger Hop: William Holden Starred in the Movie Stalag 17

Book Blogger Hop     Home

3 comments:

  1. Cool on being an athlete. I love this question this week.

    Stop by to find out my secrets and for a giveaway of five e-books if you like. It is right below the Book Blogger Post.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/09/book-blogger-hop-921-27.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Elizabeth: The truly odd thing is that at the time I didn't think of myself as an athlete. I didn't play football. I didn't play basketball. I wasn't really good at many sports. I was a runner. It wasn't until I got together with my high school roommates a couple years later and one of them was listing our "roles", and he said "And Aaron was the jock in the group" that I really thought about it.

    On the other hand, I was pretty obsessive about running. I would go out on weekends and run ten or eleven mile courses on my own. For track season I bought spikes - and what in the world did I need spikes for? The shortest distance I competed at was the 800, and that was only as part of the 4 x 800 relay team. Anyway, the thing is, looking back, I guess I was a serious athlete, but at the time, I simply didn't see myself as one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Hide Villa: Thank you. I try to make it as interesting as I can. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete