Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Musical Monday - A Kiss at the End of the Rainbow by Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara


So, this week's Musical Monday is late. I do, however, have an excuse: Yesterday I spent thirteen hours driving home with the redhead from the wedding of our friends P.J. and Savannah, who used this song for their adorably nerdy first dance. The redhead and I did a lot of driving over the weekend, logging fifteen hours on Friday, several more hours on Sunday, and then the aforementioned drive home on Monday. Some observations from this weekend, in no particular order:

1. Pennsylvania is Mordor. Seriously. No matter what the weather is outside of Pennsylvania, it always seems to be darker and drearier there than anywhere else. On Monday we drove through a wet and overcast Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, and West Virginia, leading me to remark to the redhead that at least Pennsylvania couldn't be worse. I was wrong. Pennsylvania also seems to have more road construction going on than anywhere also in the world.

2. We can't trust the redhead's GPS. On the way to Indiana, it took us fifteen hours to get there (as opposed to thirteen on the return), because the GPS routed us there by way of Rhûn and Far Harad. I swear I saw hordes of Easterlings along our route.

3. Applebee's has really good cherry limeade. I haven't been to an Applebee's in a long time, but I may go back more often just for the cherry limeade.

4. Our postman has a hard time finding our address when packages need to be delivered. At least half of our wedding present for the happy couple made it in time. Fortunately, it was the cooler half.

5. There are very few couples in the world who can out-nerd me and the redhead. P.J. and Savannah accomplished this feat at their wedding. Their processional was "Concerning Hobbits". Their wedding vows referenced, among other things, He-Man, My Little Pony, Star Wars, Star Trek, the Lord of the Rings, and Battlestar Galactica. Among the offerings on the wedding buffet were leaf wrapped pieces of lembas bread. I made sure to eat four.

6. There are a lot of soundtracks that I've been meaning to get that I should actually acquire. There's good music out there that I haven't been listening to because it isn't on my iPod.

7. The redhead is a better driver than I am. Much better.

Previous Musical Monday: Code Monkey by Jonathan Coulton
Subsequent Musical Monday: The Imperial March

Eugene Levy     Catherine O'Hara     Musical Monday     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment