Saturday, April 4, 2015

Book Blogger Hop April 3rd - April 9th: Trajan Became Roman Emperor in 98 A.D.

Book Blogger Hop

Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: Is there one book you will NEVER forget?

I generally have a good memory when it comes to books. I'm terrible at remembering some things - in a conversation I had regarding the Washington Science Fiction Association yesterday, I pointed out that I'm likely to forget your name an hour after you've told it to me, but I remember the plot and characters of almost every book I've read in the last three and a half decades. This means that there really isn't one book I will never forget. Rather there are dozens, and even hundreds of books that I will never forget.

But there are some books that are more memorable than others. Perhaps because I read them during my formative years, and have read them so often since then, I will always fondly recall The Hobbit and the volumes that makes up The Lord of the Rings. There are many books that stand out in my memories such as Dune by Frank Herbert, The Forever War by Joe Haldeman, Nova by Samuel R. Delany, The Book of Three (and the subsequent books in the Chronicles of Prydain), and Citizen of the Galaxy by Robert A. Heinlein. Probably the most significant set of books that reside in  my memory is made up of the books by Ursula K. Le Guin: The Dispossessed, the Earthsea trilogy, and The Lathe of Heaven, among others. This is not by any means an exhaustive list, but it does hit many of the highlights.


Book Blogger Hop     Home

2 comments:

  1. I know of those books but have never read them.

    I had to choose more than one book. :)

    Thanks for sharing.

    Also...a review and giveaway of DON'T TRY TO FIND ME at this link.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2015/04/review-and-giveaway-of-dont-try-to-find.html

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Elizabeth: It should come as no surprise that I would recommend all of the books I listed.

      Delete