Friday, April 24, 2015

Follow Friday - 18 U.S.C. § 207 Restricts What Former Federal Employees Can Do


It's Friday again, and this means it's time for Follow Friday. There has been a slight change to the format, as now there are two Follow Friday hosts blogs and two Follow Friday Features Bloggers each week. To join the fun and make now book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:
  1. Follow both of the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts (Parajunkee and Alison Can Read) and any one else you want to follow on the list.
  2. Follow the two Featured Bloggers of the week - Mountain Rhinestones and Book Yabber.
  3. Put your Blog name and URL in the Linky thing.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments.
  5. Follow, follow, follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "Hi".
  6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the love . . . and the followers.
  7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
  8. If you're new to the Follow Friday Hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
And now for the Follow Friday Question: How did you come up with your blog title and address? Does it have a special meaning for you?

I thought the name sounded cool. It also, I think evokes what one does when one reads science fiction or fantasy, although when I picked the name I didn't really think I was going to focus on writing reviews. In fact, if one goes back to read the first few posts I made on this blog, one will find that they are mostly rambling and unfocused essays with no particular thematic connection to one another.  It took me a couple of years before I decided that focusing on books reviews with a handful of rambling and unfocused essays sprinkled in here and there was the format to go with. Mostly though, I picked the named because I thought it sounded cool.

Coming up with the address was easy: It was the same as the name I had chosen for my blog and it wasn't taken.

Subsequent Follow Friday: Four Years Is 208 Weeks

Follow Friday     Home

10 comments:

  1. I love your blog name. I'm sure everyone can agree that we all Dream About Other Worlds when reading (and not reading).

    My FF: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/04/feature-follow-friday-blog-titles.html

    Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Stina: Thank you. Here is an odd story - when I first started this blog, my then wife hated the name. She said she didn't understand it, and thought it was a stupid name no one could like. For the first year or so that this blog existed, I spent a fair amount of time considering changing the name because of this. I didn't, obviously, but issues with the name are still something of a minor sore spot for me, and I greatly appreciate everyone who says they like it.

      Delete
  2. My blog title and address are the same also! I wanted that way though and it took forever to come up with an original domain name! Happy reading! :)

    New Bloglovin' follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @thenovelorange: I will admit that I was very surprised when I first discovered that this address was available when I first set up this blog. I figured that this name would have been taken long before I got around to trying to use it. But no.

      Delete
  3. Do check out my FF: http://bookstopcorner.blogspot.in/2015/04/feature-follow-10-my-blog-name-story.html

    Old Follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its really a good name, we usually do just that when we're reading especially with paranormal ones.
    New bloglovin' follower!
    here is MY FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Priyanka Booklion's Hideaway: Thank you. I agree with your summation, which is why I chose the name.

      Delete
  5. It's a really fitting name for a book blog. I think everyone who loves books loves them because they love to think about and immerse themselves in other worlds! :)

    Old follower!
    Vicarious Caytastrophe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Cayt: Oddly, this wasn't originally intended to be a book blog. I wasn't sure what I wanted it to be, but when I started this blog I didn't even know what a book blog was, and I certainly didn't intend to start one.

      Delete