Saturday, November 30, 2019

Book Blogger Hop November 29th - December 5th: xkcd 331 Is Titled "Photoshops"


Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: Did you go shopping on Thanksgiving Night, Black Friday, or on Cyber Monday? If so, did you buy any books?

No, and also no. I actively try to avoid doing any shopping of any kind on either Thanksgiving or Black Friday. The first one is easy to explain: I avoid shopping on Thanksgiving, because I don't think anyone should be required to work retail on Thanksgiving, and as a result I won't support stores on that day.

The second is slightly more complex. I won't say I don't like shopping, provided, of course, I am shopping for something I need - I am not the sort of person who just goes out and shops to pass the time. I do despise shopping in crowded or hectic environments, and as a result, I generally try to avoid even leaving the house on Black Friday. I don't need to take advantage of the sales, and I can do my needed shopping on some other day.

I didn't buy anything on Cyber Monday because I simply didn't. No particular reason. I just didn't.


Book Blogger Hop     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment