Saturday, February 29, 2020

Running - Weekly Log for February 23, 2020 through February 28, 2020

Last Week's Mileage Goal: 30 miles
Actual Miles Last Week: 15 miles
Run/Walk Miles: 0 miles
Cumulative Mileage: 400.5 miles.
This Week's Mileage Goal: 40 miles
Current Weigh-In: 198.2 pounds

I fell very short of my weekly mileage goal this past week. This was mostly due to weather and bad timing. On Wednesday I went out for a run at what turned out to be exactly the wrong time. It had been very lightly raining most of the evening - really just misting for the most part - but when I went out to run, I ended up running during the one hour that the rain came down quite heavily. Even though I was wearing my water resistant jacket, the downpour was simply too much and I ended up getting completely soaked. This wouldn't have been too bad, but the temperature dropped from a comfortable mid-40s down into the 30s at the same time. It took two days for my running shoes to dry out. It took longer for my joints to recover from being drenched and cold. I ended up missing four days worth of running this week.

I am hoping that the upcoming week is going to be better. If I can avoid running out in the rain and cold, I should be able to get a full week of running days in. Even if i can only run on day that are rainy or cold, I should be fine.

Previous Weekly Running Log: February 16, 2020 through February 22, 2020
Subsequent Weekly Running Log: February 29, 2020 through March 7, 2020

Running     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment