Sunday, February 23, 2020

Running - Weekly Log for February 16, 2020 through February 22, 2020

Last Week's Mileage Goal: 60 miles
Actual Miles Last Week: 50 miles
Run/Walk Miles: 0 miles
Cumulative Mileage: 385.5 miles.
This Week's Mileage Goal: 30 miles
Current Weigh-In: 201.6 pounds

I didn't make my mileage goal this week, which is slightly disappointing, but really only slightly so. The mileage goal was the most ambitious goal I have set in the last year. The fifty miles I did end up running is the most mileage I have run in a week in close to three decades - I ran three runs longer than ten miles this week, and I cannot remember the last time I did that. On the other hand, I was forced to sit out two days this past week that I had not intended to - one for bad weather and one because I was sick that day. At some point in the next month or two I will probably try another sixty mile goal, and I am optimistic that I will be able to complete it.

For the upcoming week, I am going to back off the mileage for a bit. Unlike last week when I had two days off from work that I do not normally have, allowing me to do more longer runs, this week is a "normal" week in terms of my work schedule. As a result, I am only planning on running my usually weekday miles most of the days this week. To make up for the lowered mileage this week, my plan is to try to pick up the pace. I'm not quite going to do threshold training, but I'm going to push harder than have been.

Previous Weekly Running Log: February 9, 2020 through February 15, 2020
Subsequent Weekly Running Log: February 23, 2020 through February 28, 2020

Running     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment