Sunday, July 12, 2020

Running - Weekly Log for July 5, 2020 through July 11, 2020

Last Week's Mileage Goal: 10 miles
Actual Miles Last Week: 0 miles
Run/Walk Miles: 0 miles
Cumulative Mileage: 557.5 miles.
This Week's Mileage Goal: 10 miles
Current Weigh-In: Not done

This was another wasted week for me. I didn't manage to run at all. On the other hand, I was able to get out and walk with the Redhead and the Littlest Starship Captain pretty much every day, so I wasn't completely inactive. Walking a mile and a half or so every day won't get me to where I'd like to be, so I have to figure out how to run while having what amounts to perpetual shoulder pain.

I've run through minor injuries before, always figuring that by doing so I would keep myself in shape for when the injury healed and I recovered. The pain was worth it, I rationalized, because once I got to the other side of the injury, I'd be better off than if I had simply stopped running on a regular basis. The difference now is that I don't think there will ever be an "other side". My shoulders will always hurt from now on. And it is kind of difficult to deal with that fact and come up with a running plan that accounts for it. My plan right now is to bull through and just hope for the best. We'll see how this goes.

Previous Weekly Running Log: June 28, 2020 through July 4, 2020
Previous Weekly Running Log: July 12, 2020 through July 18, 2020

Running     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment