Sunday, August 9, 2020

Running - Weekly Log for August 2, 2020 through August 8, 2020

Last Week's Mileage Goal: 20 miles
Actual Miles Last Week: 21 miles
Run/Walk Miles: 0 miles
Cumulative Mileage: 613 miles.
This Week's Mileage Goal: 25 miles
Current Weigh-In: Not done

This week went very well. I alternated five mile runs with two mile runs and was able to stay on track for the whole week. I made my weekly mileage goal even though I had to miss one day of running due to some meetings I had to attend that extended pretty much all of one evening. I'm going to push up the mileage of my "short" runs for this week and aim for a twenty-five mile goal for the week. I still have trouble sleeping, because there really is no good sleeping position when you have a shoulder injury, but at least the shoulder has not been bothering me when I run - except for rare times when I stumble over something like a branch I didn't see on a dark running path or otherwise reflexively move my arm quickly.

One of the problems with dealing with my shoulder issues is that I pretty much know the pain doesn't signal anything real. Normally, pain is a signal from your body that something is wrong and needs to be fixed. You've broken something or opened a wound or something like that, and continuing to do what you are doing will result in more damage. Since my shoulder issues are basically arthritis, the pain is just pain with no underlying cause that can be fixed, and continuing to do what causes the pain won't result in any additional damage. The pain is just annoying and serves no useful purpose, and that is really quite frustrating.

Previous Weekly Running Log: July 26, 2020 through August 1, 2020
Subsequent Weekly Running Log: August 9, 2020 through August 15, 2020

Running     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment