Saturday, October 4, 2014

Book Blogger Hop Halloween Edition October 3rd - October 9th: Osiris Was Enclosed in a Coffin by 72 Evil Disciples of Set

Book Blogger Hop

Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: Where is the creepiest place you have read a book?

I haven't been in very many places that I'd really consider creepy. Maybe I have a higher tolerance for "creepy" locations than most people and don't find places creepy as often as other people do. Maybe I just haven't been in too many creepy places. I don't know which. But, for the most part, I don't remember being in very many creepy places, and I don't recall reading in them.

The closest thing I can think of would be reading at an empty bus stop at night waiting for my ride to pick me up. I take a commuter bus every day to and from work. My wife and I share a single car, so on many nights she picks me up from the bus stop. Every now and then, events prevent her from picking me up right away, and so I usually pass the time waiting for her by reading whatever book I happen to have on me at the time. In the summer, when the days are long, the commuter parking lot is merely a big empty space. But in the autumn, the darkness comes earlier, and casts long shadows over an empty, lonely lot, which could be considered creepy. But to tell the truth, when I'm reading, I'm usually so engaged in the book that I really don't notice my surroundings much, if at all, so it doesn't really feel creepy to me.


Book Blogger Hop     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment