Saturday, July 9, 2016

Book Blogger Hop July 8th - July 14th: Major League Baseball Teams Play 162 Regular Season Games

Book Blogger Hop

Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: What is your preferred method of following blogs?

My primary method for following blogs is Bloglovin, from which I get a daily e-mail summary of all activity on the blog I am following. This works reasonably well, giving me notice when the various blogs I follow have new activity and giving me the opportunity to choose which updates to follow up on. I also use Linky Followers, but that system seems to have far fewer users, so as a practical matter I use it far less. I used to use Google Friend Connect, but that service was crippled a couple of years ago, and just doesn't have much use any more, although I still have the link on my blog's sidebar.

For blogs that don't use Bloglovin or Linky Followers that I still want to follow, I mostly use an ad hoc system based upon what options they have for following them. If the blog owner is on Google+, I might follow them on that, or if they are on Twitter, I might use that as a means to follow them. My last resort is just to bookmark the blog and check back once every few weeks or so.


Book Blogger Hop     Home

2 comments:

  1. I use inoreader to follow blogs and will often visit those who comment on mine via the links attached to their names. It works well for me. :-) I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Literary Feline: I haven't tried inoreader. Maybe I will check it out and see if it is something I need to add to my bag of tricks.

      Delete