Sunday, December 29, 2019

Running - Weekly Log for December 22, 2019 through December 28, 2019

Last Week's Mileage Goal: Not set
Actual Miles Last Week: 11 miles
Run/Walk Miles: 1.5 miles
Cumulative Mileage: 246 miles.
This Week's Mileage Goal: Not set
Current Weigh-In: Not done

This week was an entirely lost week. Things started out well enough. On Sunday I ran 8 miles, then we traveled on Monday and part of Tuesday. When we arrived at my mother-in-law's house on Tuesday, I went out for a three mile run, just to get the kinks out. While I was running, a dog bit me. I spent Christmas Eve in the ER, getting a tetanus shot and having the bite wounds cleaned out with a saline syringe. The doctor prescribed me an antibiotic and sent me on my way.

As a result, I didn't run again for the rest of the week. The bite wounds are still weeping blood, pretty much a week later. I figure I won't be back on the roads putting in miles until I stop bleeding, which will probably coincide with the end of the antibiotic regimen and my return to Virginia. Basically, I'm taking an enforced two week layoff from running as a result of a dog named Faith.

I'm not setting a weekly goal for this week, because I'm not sure when I will start running again. I also didn't do a weigh in, just because it would be pointless. I'll figure out where I am next Sunday and reevaluate.

Previous Weekly Running Log: December 15, 2019 through December 21, 2019
Subsequent Weekly Running Log: December 29, 2019 through January 4, 2020

Running     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment