Sunday, December 22, 2019

Running - Weekly Log for December 15, 2019 through December 21, 2019

Last Week's Mileage Goal: 40 miles
Actual Miles Last Week: 21 miles
Run/Walk Miles: 0 miles
Cumulative Mileage: 235 miles.
This Week's Mileage Goal: Not set
Current Weigh-In: 200.2

I set an ambitious mileage goal last week, and a utterly failed to even come close to meeting it. Basically, a storm of events got in the way and knocked me out of my routine so badly that I never recovered. Monday was very cold and wet, so I took that day off as my planned rest day, and then I felt sick on Tuesday and Wednesday, so I wasn't able to run those days. I simply had too much stuff going on on Saturday to carve out the time I needed to run and then recover, so I missed that day as well. Despite all that, I still managed to run twenty-one miles even though I only ran three days last week. Some weeks are like that, and you just have to not worry about missing the running days.

I've decided that I am not even going to try to set a mileage goal for the upcoming week. Between traveling and the holidays, I just have no idea how much I'll be able to get out on the roads, so I'm considering any running this week to be a bonus. I've already put in eight miles today, so that's a start. I will tentatively say I'll probably get somewhere between thirty and thirty-five miles in, but I could get far fewer than that, so I'm just going to take whatever I can get.

Previous Weekly Running Log: December 8, 2019 through December 14, 2019
Subsequent Weekly Running Log: December 22, 2019 through December 28, 2019

Running     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment