Sunday, January 5, 2020

Running - Weekly Log for December 29, 2019 through January 4, 2020

Last Week's Mileage Goal: Not set
Actual Miles Last Week: 0 miles
Run/Walk Miles: 0 miles
Cumulative Mileage: 246 miles.
This Week's Mileage Goal: Not set
Current Weigh-In: Not done

I kicked off 2020 in exactly the opposite manner that most people do in terms of fitness: I didn't run at all last week. Instead of finding newfound resolve and starting training with the coming of the new Year, I spent the first week still recovering from the dog bite I suffered on December 24. As of now, the wounds are still weeping, and as I determined that I shouldn't run again until they had at least closed up, I've spent the last week sidelined and out of action.

I think that the end of this enforced layoff is in sight, and I hope to be running again by the end of this week, but I just don't know when that will happen. I am, essentially, at the mercy of my body's ability to heal. I'm not going to set a weekly running goal this week for the same reason I didn't set one last week: I don't know when I'm going to be able to run again, and I don't know how this layoff will have affected my ability to get back on the road. I figure that when I do start, I'll probably start slowly and ramp up the distance over the course of a week or two until I am back to where I was before the dog bite.

With any luck, next week's running log will be better.

Previous Weekly Running Log: December 22, 2019 through December 28, 2019

Running     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment