Monday, March 2, 1970

Author - Blain, W. Edward

Birth: I don't know when, but I'd bet it was in Virginia.

Death: Still alive and teaching English to Woodberry Students.

Comments: W. Edward Blain is the current head of the English department at Woodberry Forest School. He's been teaching there since 1982, and when I was a student at the school in the 1980s he was my English teacher when I took AP English as a 6th Former. He was one of my favorite teachers and every time I get back to the school I make it a point to stop by and say hello to him. Because of this, I cannot say my reviews of his books are entirely unbiased, but I'm going to be up front about this and let everyone know. On the other hand, I think that I would still think his books were pretty good even without the personal connection. Make of that what you will.

Blain has a B.A. from Washington & Lee University and an M.A. from the University of Virginia. He doesn't have a personal website, but you can read his bio in the Faculty Directory for Woodberry Forest School.

 

My reviews of W. Edward Blain's books:
Love Cools
Passion Play

Other books by W. Edward Blain that I have read but not reviewed:
None

Authors - B     Authors A-Z     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment