Saturday, April 29, 2017

Book Blogger Hop April 28th - May 4th: The Second Punic War Ended in 201 B.C.


Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: How many books have you re-read? If you have re-read books, please tell us the book's title and why you re-read it.

I reread books on occasion. Sometimes I reread books just because I enjoyed them, and it has been a while since I last read them. Most books in this category are books that I first encountered when I was younger, and have reread every now and then just to revisit a world that I enjoyed before. Books like The Lord of the Rings, A Wizard of Earthsea, and Dune are the type of books that I have reread a couple of times over the years for this reason.

The other reason I reread books is to review them. Usually this involves a book that I read a while ago, but I am intent on reviewing now. There are a lot of classic works of science fiction and fantasy that I read in my youth that I would like to review as part of my long term goal of reviewing at least a reasonable proportion of the important works of genre fiction - which includes most of the books that won or nominated for the major awards in the field. Time dims the memory, and so when I am getting ready to review a book, I always make sure to read it in close proximity to the time that I will be reviewing it, even if I have read it before.


Book Blogger Hop     Home

4 comments:

  1. I like revisiting favorite worlds, too. The wizarding world is one that I have visited many, many times. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Chrissy: I should probably reread the Harry Potter series in the reasonably near future. I haven't written reviews for those books, and a few of them were nominated for some awards, so they are on my list to get to for that.

      Delete
  2. I have re-read the first six Dune books a couple of times and until you mentioned it, I had forgotten that re-read the the Earthsea books. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @La La in the Library: I have reread Dune several times. I read the sequels once. I will probably be rereading them at some point as I go through all the Hugo and Nebula winning works to review them.

      Delete