Saturday, December 28, 2013

Book Blogger Hop December 27th - January 2nd: There Are Thirty-Five Free Hexominoes

Book Blogger Hop

Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: What books are you looking forward to reading in 2014?

This is the part where I explain that I don't read in the same way that many other book bloggers seem to read. I mean, I sit down and absorb words on a page just like I am sure they do (although I expect many of them absorb words on a screen), but  the difference seems to be that I don't really read new releases very much. I usually read a handful of newly published books in a given year, but most of those are ARC's that I have been sent by authors or publishers. What I don't do is eagerly await the new books that are coming out in the upcoming year and plan my reading around getting and reading them. Usually, I don't even know what books are coming out in the new year.

Instead, to the extent that I plan my reading schedule, my focus is typically on older books, mostly books that have won or been nominated for genre specific awards. I am planning on rereading The Lord of the Rings, so I can complete my read-through and review of the winners of the International Fantasy Award for Best Fiction Book. I am still working my way through the winners of the Hugo Awards, and I hope to get started on the Nebula Award winners this year as well. I hope to finally read something by John Green this year - probably Looking for Alaska or An Abundance of Katherines, and I want to read through all of the A.S. King books that I have not read yet. Other than these admittedly loose plans, I don't really have anything specific set for the upcoming year.

Go to previous Book Blogger Hop: Rule 34. That Is All.

Book Blogger Hop     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment