Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Challenge - 2016 Diversity on the Shelf Challenge


I am participating in the 2016 Diversity on the Shelf Challenge, a challenge aimed at getting readers to read more books by authors of color. I have a fair number of books in my to-be-read pile that meet this criteria, including The Dark Forest by Cixin Liu, The House of Shattered Wings by Aliette de Bodard, and The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin, and I'm sure I'll end up with more as the year goes on. One set of books I'm not certain about are anthologies: For example the Nebula Awards Showcase 2015 has stories by Samuel R. Delany, Ken Liu, and Alaya Dawn Johnson, but also has stories by non-minority authors such as Ann Leckie and Rachel Swirsky. I'm leaning towards saying it and other books like it count, but I am not certain on this point.

2016 Diversity on the Shelf Challenge:

2016 Challenge Tracking Pages
9th Annual Graphic Novels and Manga Challenge 2016
100+ Books Challenge 2016
2016 Dystopia Reading Challenge
Flights of Fantasy Reading Challenge 2016

Not a Challenge:
The Big List of Everything I've Reviewed in 2016

2016 Challenges     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment