Saturday, June 3, 2017

Book Blogger Hop June 2nd - June 8th: "206 Bones" Is a Novel by Kathy Reichs


Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: Do your bookshelves have books ONLY or do you also have bookish items on the shelves?

Most of my shelves have books on them. A few shelves have DVDs, and a few others have games. But most of them have books. There are some other things stacked in front of the books on some shelves - pictures, Rubik's cubes, dragons, spiders, Lego constructions, a stuffed Slimer, a Corinthian helmet, and a couple other things I'm forgetting right now. Sometimes there are books stacked in front of books on the shelves. There are more than 11,000 books in my house, so they have to go somewhere.


Book Blogger Hop     Home

6 comments:

  1. I also have a Rubik's cube on my shelves! I have quite a lot of things on my bookshelves actually. When you say you have spiders on your shelves, are they live spiders??

    Also... 11, 000 books in your house??? Woah! How big is your house?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Edel: They are actually miniatures of spiders. Specifically, they are miniatures of the Mirkwood spiders from The Hobbit and Shelob from The Two Towers.

      My house is too small for 11,000 books. We really need to move, but right now finances won't permit it. I am hoping that we'll be able to move to a larger domicile some time in the summer of 2018.

      Delete
  2. I have stuff in front of the books too.

    I also have favorite books in front of the books on each shelf.

    I hope you have a good week...I am a bit late visiting.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Elizabeth: It is never too late to visit.

      I didn't even list a lot of the stuff I have stacked in front of my books: A geode, a couple of fancy mugs, a malachite box, a bunch of flamingoes, a baby groot, a bronze armadillo, a stuffed bookworm, and so on and so forth. The list is pretty extensive.

      I don't even want to try to list all the things stacked on top of my shelves.

      Delete
  3. Ah, good! I've found the person with a partially constructed spaceship on their shelves!!
    Jemima's answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Jemima Pett: I really do have a partially constructed spaceship on my shelves. I have a half constructed Lego T.I.E. Interceptor on top of one of my bookcases. I can't find the pieces needed to complete the model - I fear that I may have lost them when I moved the last time. I do make a practice of buying packages of loose Legos, however, and maybe at some point I'll have the missing pieces again.

      Delete