Saturday, January 27, 2018

Book Blogger Hop January 26th - February 1st: Pu-239 Is the Most Common Isotope of Plutonium


Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: Do you ever go back to older posts and change things?

I do sometimes make edits to older posts. The most common edit is to correct a typo or grammatical error that I notice if I am looking at an older post, but I do sometimes make corrections or updates to posts. During the controversy surrounding the Hugo Award nominations over the last couple of years, I updated the nominations pages when new developments occurred as people were either disqualified or withdrew their nominations and replacements were added to the ballot. I recently updated a post I made a couple of years ago about Harry Harrison's passing to note that despite my optimism that it might happen then, I never got the chance to actually meet Ursula K. Le Guin before she also passed away. Once in a while I edit an older post for clarity if I find something that I expressed in a particularly clumsy way.

My goal here is to try to pass on correct information or convey my thoughts effectively, not to adhere to some sort of strict standard concerning leaving blog posts as an artifact of the moment they were written. I don't go back and specifically look through old posts trying to find things to rewrite, but if I notice something, I'll make the change if it will make the post clearer or more accurate.


Book Blogger Hop     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment