Saturday, February 16, 2019

Book Blogger Hop February 15th - February 21st: Demetrius Poliorcetes Betrayed and Murdered Alexander V to Seize the Throne of Macedon in 294 B.C.


Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: Have you ever thought about taking a break from blogging/Booktubing (if you are a Booktuber)? If you have, how long was the break and what did you learn from it?

I am currently kind of on an unintentional break from book blogging due to my recent move and the lack of time to put into reading and reviewing that has resulted. I have still kept thing kind of limping along by making weekly BookBloggerHop posts and keeping up with the 1980s Project via my Musical Monday posts, but I haven't posted a review in more than two months. I haven't updated any of the author pages or musical artist pages on the blog in weeks. Packing, unpacking, getting our new house in order, and conducting a long overdue cataloging of our book collection has simply consumed almost all of my available free time in the last four months.

My primary takeaway from these past few months is that I really don't like not being able to blog about books, but that there really isn't any solution right now other than to plow ahead and get through the various moving-related projects and hope to get back to book blogging afterwards. I don't really like this, but there's not really any other feasible solution. May be by next month things will be settled enough that I will be able to regularly review books again. Maybe not. I'm not making any promises one way or the other right now.


Book Blogger Hop     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment