Saturday, February 13, 2016

Book Blogger Hop February 12th - February 18th: 141 Is a Blum Integer

Book Blogger Hop

Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: Are you able to read in the car?

Yes. In fact, reading while traveling is part of my normal reading routine. I commute an hour each way to and from work, using public transportation, specifically a commuter bus that runs to and from locations in Loudoun County and Washington, D.C. I usually use this time to read, providing me with the potential for two hours of reading time per day. As one might expect, this is a substantial boon when it comes to keeping up with the pace of reading and reviewing for an active book blog such as this one. This simply would not be possible if I were unable to read in a moving vehicle.


Book Blogger Hop     Home

8 comments:

  1. I have always kind of envied people like you who commute by public transit (and at other times I'm very glad I don't have to!) because of the built in reading time you get. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Literary Feline: It is nice to be able to read on my commute. To be perfectly honest, I'd prefer to have a shorter commute so I could read while not on a bus, but it is not a perfect world.

      Delete
  2. Reading while traveling is a great way to get a good book going. It takes me at least 50 pages before I know I want to continue reading.

    I normally do not get sick in the car.

    Happy Weekend...I hope it has been good.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Elizabeth: For me it depends on the book. Some books I can get into within a page or two, others it takes fifty or even a hundred before it clicks. Some never hold my attention.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. @Teri Lloyd: I don't think I would have the job I have if I did not have access to public transportation for my commute. I wouldn't want to try driving myself every day for the trip. It would simply wear me down to be driving in traffic that much.

      Delete
    2. I understand. I actually loved taking a train and reading on it.

      Delete
    3. @Teri Lloyd: I used to take a train, but it is slightly less convenient than the bus service, so I switched.

      Delete