Monday, February 1, 2016

Musical Monday - Shore Leave by Five Year Mission


Shore Leave is the final song in my Dream Five Year Mission set. In my opinion, Five Year Mission should close out every one of their concerts with this song. It is the perfect way to cap off a concert, with an upbeat rhythm, a peppy melody, and lyrics that simply follow along one of the more surreal episodes of the Star Trek series. Plus, the way the song ends, with each instrument's part dropping out one by one, seems like a perfect means of pulling each band member off the stage.

Back in 2011, when I saw them perform live for the first time at InConJunction, this is how the band finished its performance. It was a perfect close to a near perfect appearance, and has stuck with me ever since. That is the only time I have seen the band perform this song live because, sadly, it seems that Five Year Mission doesn't include it in their live performances any more, which is a real shame. I have met some very dedicated fans of the band who don't even know that they ever performed this song live. In my dream concert, however, they do perform it, so I am including it here.

Subsequent Musical Monday: Under Pressure by Queen and David Bowie

Dream Five Year Mission Set

Musical Monday Playlists     Five Year Mission     Musical Monday     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment