Saturday, September 29, 2018

Book Blogger Hop September 28th - October 4th: Mani, the Founder of Manichaeism, Died in 274 A.D.


Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: Do you sneak a peek at the number of views your posts have gotten?

Not usually. For the most part, I don't care about how many views a post gets, and I don't really trust the software to give me an accurate count anyway. For example, when I have checked the numbers, I've noticed that the reported total for the blog as a whole frequently seems to exceed the combined reported totals for all of the individual pages of the blog, which is obviously incorrect (or something odd is going on that I just don't understand). I haven't bothered to figure out these sorts of anomalies, because I don't care enough to put in the effort. I write this blog mostly for myself, so if anyone else gets anything out of it, that's just a serendipitous bonus.

Subsequent Book Blogger Hop: Hamilcar Barca Was Born in 275 B.C.

Book Blogger Hop     Home

2 comments:

  1. That sounds weird. What app do you use? You should check out Google Analytics, which seems to be working out for me.

    Gayathri @ Elgee Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Gayathri: I just use Blogger's native stats analytics. Blogger is a Google product, so they may be the same as Google Analytics, but I haven't ever really checked into that.

      Delete