Saturday, August 24, 2019

Book Blogger Hop August 23rd - August 29th: "319" Is a Song on the Prince Album "The Gold Experience"


Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: How do you choose the next book to read?

I don't really have a system for choosing the next book to read. I have a bunch of books that are in the "to read soon" pile, and I usually pick a book from that set, but there's no real rhyme or reason to each selection. If I am going to a convention or an event where a particular author is appearing, I might push one of their books to the top of my reading pile, and during Hugo Award season I usually try to get through the nominated works so as to be able to cast an informed vote.

Even this amount of description makes the process I use for choosing books to read seem less chaotic than it actually is. Essentially, once a book gets into my library, my intention is to read it, even if that intention won't get fulfilled for several years, so the process of choosing which of my books to read next is of comparatively minor importance. Consequently, I tend to read whatever strikes my fancy at that moment, knowing I will get to the other books on my shelves at some future time.


Book Blogger Hop     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment