Sunday, May 24, 2020

Running - Weekly Log for May 17, 2020 through May 23, 2020

Last Week's Mileage Goal: 20 miles
Actual Miles Last Week: 11.5 miles
Run/Walk Miles: 0 miles
Cumulative Mileage: 519 miles.
This Week's Mileage Goal: 27 miles
Current Weigh-In: 197.6

After a couple of good running weeks, this week was kind of a setback. I've been having some shoulder issues, and they flared up worse than ever this week. One might wonder why a shoulder problem kept me from running, and the only answer I can give is that it is hard to run when you've spent all night trying to find a position to sleep in that doesn't involve either shoulder resting on something. Plus, the fact that you have to use your arms as counterbalances when you are running means you use your shoulder to run a lot more than you realize until it hurts every time you do so.

In any event, I still got eleven and a half miles on the road this week, and there's not really any reason not to hope for a better week this week, especially since I seem to have gotten the shoulder issue at least partially under control. I'm going to push to the mileage goal for this week I would have pushed to had last week been as expected, and we will see how this goes. I am cautiously optimistic.

Previous Weekly Running Log: May 10, 2020 through May 16, 2020
Subsequent Weekly Running Log: May 24, 2020 through May 30, 2020

Running     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment