Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Book Blogger New Year's Challenge of 2014 - What Is Your Blogging Wish List of 2014?

What Is Your Blogging Wish List of 2014?

My first wish is to complete my reading and reviewing of the International Fantasy Award winners make sufficient headway in my reading and reviewing of the Hugo Award winners that I am able to start on the Nebula Award winners. I my original purpose in posting reviews on this blog was to read and review all of the novels that have won the major genre awards (plus a couple of other lesser genre awards). My plan is to eventually work through all of the Hugo, Nebula, World Fantasy, International Fantasy, Clarke, Campbell, Locus, Andre Norton, Mythopoeic, and Prometheus winners and review all of them. Unfortunately, I'm four years into this project and I've made disturbingly little progress.

My second wish is to be able to scrape up enough resources to be able to attend the World Fantasy Convention in Washington D.C. this November. I'd like to be able to establish more contacts with authors and editors in the fantasy fiction field for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that this is one of the two genres that forms the backbone of my reading and reviewing. I'd also like to be able to form some connections with other bloggers, as right now essentially all of the interaction I have with other bloggers is the handful of exchanges in comments and on Twitter that I've had. I've got a reasonably full slate this year - I know I'm going to two other conventions and I'll be going to a book festival as well - but this is one of the premiere conventions in genre fiction and I'd really like to be able to take advantage of its proximity to me this year.

My third wish is to finally finish building the architecture of this blog. Although I'm reasonably sure that almost no one sees the background pages that I've built for this blog (because they get so very few hits), but in my mind they are an important part of the blog's structure. I have been slowly adding more author pages, award nominees pages, and cleaning up pages that have outdated formatting. I suppose I could wish for people to notice these pages and use them, but that is a secondary concern for the most part. Much of this blog is written for me, to provide me with a record of the books I have read, the authors who wrote those books, and their place in the genre. If other people read what I write, that's a bonus.

Go to Day 13: Share a Blogger Horror Story

2014 Challenges     Book Blogger New Year's Challenge of 2014     Home

4 comments:

  1. You have a lot on your plate right now. Good luck with everything, and try to remember blogging should be fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Beth: If I didn't have a lot on my plate, blogging wouldn't be nearly as enjoyable.

      Delete
  2. That's a pretty intensive list! Good luck, and hope you're able to read all of those award winning books!

    ReplyDelete