Saturday, June 14, 2014

Book Blogger Hop June 13th - June 19th: Agent 57 Is a Master of Disguise

Book Blogger Hop

Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Elizabeth of Silver's reviews asks (via Billy): Do you think your blog reflects your personality? Does it show organization, a care-free style, or some other trait?

Given that I write every post that appears on this blog, I'm pretty sure that it reflects my personality. as a rule I don't have any guest posts, nor do I have any co-bloggers. I picked out all of the themes and made all of the formatting decisions, so in addition to the content of the blog being generated by me, the look and feel of the blog is the result of my decisions.

However, I think the element of the blog that most reflects my personality is the lists.  I love lists, and I love checking things off of lists. In large part, this blog exists for me to make lists of books, television, and movies and then fill those lists in after I read or watch them and then write a review for each. I try to catalogue everything that is posted here. I have a list of all the authors I that have written works or parts of works that I have reviewed, well, a partially completed list that I am still working on. I have a list of all the books I've reviewed. I have lists of all the magazine issues I have reviewed, a list of all the television episodes I've reviewed, and a list of all the movies I've reviewed. I have a page where I have listed all of the books that are part of a series. And I have made dozens of lists of genre award winners and nominees. And eventually I will fill them all in with reviews.


Book Blogger Hop     Home

4 comments:

  1. Awesome answer...really in-depth and definitely gives me an idea of who you are in the blog world. :) The lists sound extensive and really interesting!

    I'd love for you to visit my Friday Memes post here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Brooke Bumgardner: If you want to look at the lists, they are on the blog for you to peruse at your convenience.

      Delete
  2. It's interesting how list oriented we all are. I love your awards lists - sounds like a lot of fun/work to do and a great resource as well. I'll definitely have to take a look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @katherine P: The lists are, in large part, the reason for the existence of this blog. I created Dreaming About Other Worlds mostly to help me organize and catalog my reading.

      Delete